How to fix HP Printer Paper-jamming issue?
While printing, if the printer stops at the time of feeding pages and a message is displayed on the screen, saying: “Paper Jam”. Then, it is a condition where a paper is stuck in the printer and hence no other paper can be inserted in the printer. To resolve this issue, you have to first look for the jammed paper, and then you have to make sure the printer carriage can move easily. Now, you have to clean the paper feed rollers and after this, you have to clean the printer rollers and then clean the ink smears. At last, you have to reset the HP Printer and then try to print again.
In case, you still face issues while fixing up errors with HP printer, you can reach HP tech experts via HP Printer Support Number. You can also install HP drivers such as HP Printer Assistant and HP Support Assistant.
In this article, you will get an insight into how to perform some basic steps that work with a wide variety of HP Printers.
Steps to fix HP Printer Paper-jamming issue
Clear the paper jam- Because paper jams can occur in multiple areas of the printer, you have to clear the jam form these areas very carefully:
- In the first step, you have to turn off the HP Printer by removing the power cord from the electric socket.
- The dialer available on the rear access door also needs to be turned on. After this, pull the door towards you.
- Now, you have to open the rear access door of the printer.
- Take a lint-free cloth which is lightly moistened and clean the pressure roller available on the rear access door.
- You have to wait for a few minutes until the roller gets dried.
- If you see any jammed paper available on the rear access door, remove it immediately.
- In case you are unable to do so, you can try to remove the jammed paper from the front of the printer very carefully.
- If there are still some paper available in the input tray, remove these too.
- Also, remove any damaged or crumpled paper and then stack it again into the input tray.
- In this step, you have to rearrange the rear access door.
- Reconnect the power cord to turn on the printer.
- Try to print a test page. If the issue persists, continue to next step.
Clear the printer of any debris– there might be some debris which is the cause of the paper-jams.
- Turn off the HP printer by removing the power cord.
- Also, remove the paper from the input tray.
- Open the rear access door and clean the paper feed rollers as you did in the method given above.
- Wait 10 minutes for the rollers to dry and install the rear access door once again.
- Open the ink cartridge access door and remove any debris you see on the rollers very carefully.
- Now, Check the metal pressure rollers for debris and remove it just like before.
- Close the ink cartridge access door.
- It’s time to load paper into the input tray.
- Finally, turn on the printer and print a test page. Continue to the next step, if the paper-jamming issue persists.
Take the printer out for servicing
If you are unable to print from your HP Printer, you can try to service or replace your product. You can also contact HP Customer Support to schedule a product repair or replacement. In case you encounter any other issue with your HP product, you may seek assistance from the experts by dialing the HP Printer tech support phone number.