How to establish a safe connection between HP Printer and Wi-Fi?
If you want to know how to connect HP Printer to Wi-Fi , then this page will guide you with the easy to follow steps. The process given below in this article is also apt in case you have a question in your mind such as “how to connect my HP printer to my computer via Wi-Fi”? In this article, you will find easy to follow guidelines that are necessary to connect HP Printer to Wi-Fi.
Steps to connect HP Printer without WPS
Setting up HP Printer using a WPS means that setting it up with the help of Wi-Fi Protected Setup. If you don’t want to setup your printer in a Wi-Fi protected status, follow the steps given below:
- First you have to keep the printer close to the Wi-Fi router because it is necessary that you keep it within the range. So that it can catch the connection easily.
- Take the HP printer out of its package and turn it on. Because you are doing the wireless setup, you don’t need to connect it with the computer through the cord.
- It’s time to connect your HP Printer with the wireless router. Also, note that the process will vary depending upon the type of printer you have.
- You should also note down the SSID and the password of the Wi-Fi router on a piece of paper.
- In this step, you have to navigate to the “Control Panel” by going to the “Start” menu first.
- Now, head to the “View devices and printers” tab which is located in the menu of the control panel.
- After this, tap open the option “Devices and Printers”.
- In this step, you have to click on the “Add a Printer” option.
- Tap on the model name of your printer.
- After few minutes, the process will complete automatically.
With this, your printer is now ready to perform its printing job. In case, you want to know that how to use HP printer without Wi-Fi Wireless, then you can get help from HP Customer Service. While connecting your printer you may encounter various troubles, which can be resolved with the help of HP Printer Assistant.
Steps to use Wi-Fi direct on HP Printer
Using Wi-Fi Direct to connect your HP Printers is the option only available for the users of printers which came after 2004. This helps to connect HP Printers through a local Wi-Fi network and this option is not available for guest printing.
- Turn on your HP printer and set the ink cartridges in it very carefully. The same goes for papers that are to be loaded in the HP Printer tray.
- In this step, you have to open your printer by navigating to the “Devices” section of your computer.
- After doing this, click on the “Add a printer” option which is displayed on the screen of your computer.
- Now, you have to find out where the “DIRECT” word is located on your computers.
- Check that your printer is ready to be connected and that it is not in the sleep mode.
- On your computer, now you have to click on the “Add a device” option.
- Now enter the network SSID and Password that you have noted down earlier.
- This will complete the Printer Wi-Fi setup procedure.
In case you want to know more about setting up your HP Printer with Wi-Fi, seek assistance from HP Support team or go its official website.