HP Support Assistant is a free troubleshooting utility which is helping the users of HP products to avoid and resolve system specific issues. You can easily find HP Support Assistant in the blue question mark on the Taskbar. In windows, it can be accessed through the HP Support Assistant app available on the “Start Screen”. In case, you are not able to find it, you can find it by clicking start and type HP Support Assistant in the search bar. If any of these doesn’t work, then you can connect with the expert. The expert will also help if the HP support assistant working or not. If you have HP PC, then it comes pre-installed on new HP desktop and notebook PCs.
How to update HP Support Assistant Driver?
HP keeps on updating new features in HP Support Assistant and regularly updates software, drivers, and firmware so that users do not encounter troubles. To keep your HP devices running smoothly, update the driver on a regular basis.
If the touchpad, video display, or keyboard stops working correctly or is missing functionality, update the component driver in Device Manager and to do so, go through the following steps:
- First of all, open your computer and search for the “Device Manager” option.
- From the list of devices that appear on your screen, expand the device you want to update
- Right-click on the selected device and select the “Update Driver” option.
- Now, you have to click on the “Search automatically” option for updated driver software.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to install the updated driver on your HP device.
- Restart your computer to complete the installation of the updates of HP Support Assistant.
How to Disable HP Support Assistant Quick Access?
The HP Support Assistant on your HP Computer provides all-in-one management solution including troubleshooting tools, tutorials, system analysis, and automatic software updates. In many cases, the HP printer assistant or HP support assistant start to display error messages, then you need to disable it. Follow the steps given below to disable or uninstall HP Support Assistant:
- Double-click on the “HP Support Assistant” icon which is available on your desktop to launch the program.
- After this, click on “Settings” which is available in the bottom left corner of the window.
- Now, you have to click on the “Health Analysis” option from the window you are redirected to.
- Here, click on the “Frequency” drop-down menu and then tap on “Never.”
- In this step, click on the button which is available next to the “Never Check for Updates.”
- Click the “Tune-Up” tab.
- Now you have to click on the “Tune-Up Schedule: Frequency” drop-down menu and select the “Never” option.
- This ends the process of disabling HP Support Assistant.
What is HP support assistant battery check?
If you want to check the battery in your Windows desktop, then the diverse programs of HP Support Assistant offers HP Battery Check option. This utility of HP Support Assistant is easy to use and allows the checks the status of the battery. Follow the instructions in this section and how to use it:
- Open your Windows and search for HP Support Assistant and then open it.
- If the app is not available on your computer, go to the official HP website to download the latest version of HP Support Assistant.
- Navigate to the “my devices” tab, and then select your PC from the device list which is available on the screen.
- Tap on the “Troubleshooting and fixes” tab, and then click on “Battery Check” option.
- Wait while the battery check gets completed.
- Now, the HP Battery Check displays the results on your screen.
- Review the HP Support Assistant Battery Check results and do as you desire.
In case you find any difficulty in completing any of the above mentioned procedure, seek help from HP Customer Service.